Presenter/DJ at RadioOne stay with me "Dj Show" Monday to Friday

RadioOne Dar es salaam 89.7FM|Arusha 95.3FM|Tabora 98.1FM|Dodoma 100.8FM|Mwanza 102.9FM|Moshi 132.3KHZ|Morogoro 103.2MHZ|Tanga 106.3MHZ|Bukoba 92.1MHZ Home of Good Music Tanzania

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tokeo la picha la Jidenna and Wizkid

Nigerian born American pop singer, Jidenna, in an exclusive interview with Pulse Nigeria has addressed a number of issues relating to him, Afrobeats, and the Nigerian music industry.
In the interview conducted during his current visit to Lagos, Jidenna spoke about his love for Nigeria, working with Wizkid and how much love he gets in return from his birth country. 
Speaking on the same day of his arrival in Lagos at a hotel, the Grammy nominated singer said that coming back home is a special feeling, but this one is different due to all the cameras and activities that surround his homecoming.
“I haven’t been back while the cameras are here, so it’s cool,” he says. “It’s great. I dey like I no dey. I think the biggest thing for me is just being back. Each time I come back to Lagos, I get to see the new developments, the new malls, the new spots, so I’m excited to go out and just be around.”
Jidenna further disclosed his happiness at being able to bring his music to Lagos and Enugu, where he will be performing unheard tracks from his forthcoming album “Chief Don’t Run”.
“My dad when I was younger told me that if I was gonna do music, then I had to make sure that it was something that meant something to the whole world, and definitely to Nigeria and America; the two place that I am from. So to come back and be able to showcase the music here, and really give some exclusive peeks into records that no one else has heard, I think he will be proud of that he were still alive.”
In an educative revelation, he talked about recording with Wizkid. The duo had connected in the US, and spent several hours working on new music for both their albums. Photos of that meeting had appeared on social media, with Jidenna admitting to have listened to songs off Wizkid’s next album.

0 comments:

Post a Comment